WPD News

WPD Selling Used Police Cars
***PUBLIC NOTICE*** Are you interested in purchasing a used police car?  Read More...

Police are Looking Dog Taken from Costco
The Warrenton Police Department is attempting to locate black, female, Newfoundland dog named “Josephine” which was found at or taken from the Costco parking lot on Saturday June 13th between 3:30pm and 4:30pm.  Read More...

View All


City of Warrenton - Police Department

"Pride in Community - Excellence in Service"

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Warrenton Police Department located?

We are located at 225 S. Main Ave. at the corner of SW 2nd Ave. and Main St. The Warrenton Police Department shares a building with City and the Warrenton Fire Department. Map

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Copies of police reports can be purchased at the Police Station, Monday thru Friday between 8:30am and 1:00pm then 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Please have the case number and name listed on the report. There will be a service fee charged for all copies.

Can the police open my car if I have locked my keys inside?

Generally we do not unlock car doors due to liability and a lack of locksmith expertise. Officers will respond to assist you in contacting a towing service that can help or offer any other assistance we can provide. Exceptions may be made in emergency situations or if a person or animal is locked inside.

What if I have a question about the status of a court case or citation?

Contact the Warrenton Municipal Court clerk at 503-861-0792.

Where do I pay my traffic citation, fine, or court judgment?

You can pay for a citation, fine, or judgment at the Warrenton City Hall Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. City Hall accepts cash, check (if not on the no-checks list), and credit/debit card at the counter. You can also go to the City of Warrenton website and click on the Municipal Court and follow the instructions to pay online with a cred/debit card or electronic check. If you have questions contact the Municipal Court at 503-861-0792.

We have a problem like speeding in our neighborhood. What can we do about it?

Contact the Warrenton Police Department (503-861-2235) and report the situation. Officers will work with you to solve the problem using a variety of methods. You can also email any problems to mworkman@ci.warrenton.or.us

If I want to call the police to report a crime or if I just want to talk to an officer, do I call 9-1-1?

For crimes in progress or emergencies call 9-1-1. For Non-Emergencies you can call the dispatch center at 503-325-4411. For all other matters call our non-emergency business line at 503-861-2235.

If I have property that had been stolen and was recovered, who do I contact to obtain my property?

Call the business line at 503-861-2235 or email ksmith@ci.warrenton.or.us

What is the law regarding reporting a vehicle accident in Oregon?

The law requires that all accidents over $1500 in property damage or resulting in ANY injury, must be reported to the local police agency. Driver Report forms are available at any DMV office or any law enforcement agency and can be turned into your local DMV office or mailed to the DMV at: Accident Reporting Unit, 1905 Lana Ave. NE, Salem, OR 97314. The law changed to and reports CANNOT be turned into police departments any more.

If the police department has impounded my vehicle, what do I need to do to get it out of impound?

You will need to obtain a signed release form from the department. To obtain a release form you MUST BE the "owner" of the vehicle and will need to provide the current vehicle registration or title, proof of current insurance coverage, and pay an administrative fee. For more information call the department at 503-861-2235.

How do I find out if someone is in jail?

Please call the Clatsop County Jail at 503-8325-8641 or go to:

I would like to have an officer stand-by while I get some of my property. How can I do this?

Oregon law is very specific about this type of request. Police Officers can perform a "civil stand-by" for up to 20-minutes. Please call the dispatch center at 503-325-4411.

I need to get my fingerprints taken. Will the police department do this?

The Warrenton Police Department does not provide fingerprinting services. However the Seaside Police department and the Clatsop County Sheriff's Office do.